Monday, February 3, 2014

From Erin Moran...



I spent quite some time trying to find an image that accurately depicted technology in society today and that represented some of the things McLuhan discussed. While searching the internet I opened a new tab to check my hawkmail account. Then I found the exact image I had spent so much time looking for. This image was taken to represent campus life at SUNY New Paltz. It does so quite accurately because the woman who is the main focus of the image is a zombie to her phone. She does not appear to realize the photo was taken, and the photographer doesn't seem to mind that she (or students of SUNY New paltz) was going to be portrayed this way. This image is so 'normal' in our society today that most people wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment