Sunday, February 23, 2014

Good Night and Good Luck

I loved this movie! I thought that it was beautifully done. I was so happy with they stylistic choice of the black and white. I think that it showed the intense relationships of the television industry, especially during production times. I don't know if anyone else noticed but when George Clooney was wearing his glasses through out the whole movie they were always reflecting something. It such a small detail but it had to be for some reason. I wonder why they choose to do this and what was he trying to get across to his audience by this action. The movie was a little slow to start however I thought it was just to set the pacing for the piece. As it got closer to the climax the pace moved a lot quicker. I think the ways that George Clooney chose to put in historical footage was great, I think that showing it through TV screens in the office or the screening room while pitching stories was a really creative way to blend the history to the story line.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the same exact thing with George Clooney and his glasses. From the opening scene all the way to the end of the movie, there was some sort of reflection in his glasses and as we discussed in class it had to be done for a reason. Have you found any reasoning for this yet? I was thinking about asking during class because these tiny details must have a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right, i still cant figure it out. most of the time its of the things he is looking at. I think that it might be a tactic so that the viewer cant see his eyes.

    ReplyDelete