Sunday, February 23, 2014

Good Night and Good Luck Reaction

After watching this film I more so enjoyed the stylistic elements of how they shot it more than the plot itself. Although I acknowledge how this was a big part of history in the television industry I thought that It was boring and the plot just dragged along. I thought that the black and white was a nice aesthetic choice to use along with the many group shots that they took when the camera man panned all the way to the right or left. It gave me a great feel of how the environment was in there and made everything seem so lively. It was also nice to see actual historical footage in there as well which further established the context of when the movie was taking place.
Aside from that I thought that there was minimal character development which made it slow and kept me from fully engaging because I simply didn't care about what they had to say. I found it difficult at times to remember who had what role on the broadcasting network and the characters simply didn't spark any interest in me. Maybe this is a movie that you need to watch multiple times in order to appreciate and understand on a deeper level.
-Max Weinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment