Sunday, February 23, 2014

Good night and Good luck held my attention throughout the entire movie. The pace that the film moved was not particularly what did it, rather there was a sense of tension that was adamant from start to finish. Clooney did a good job of creating that tense state the media was in during the McCarthy era. I was getting the feeling that something was at stake, despite these events taking place 60 some odd years ago.
There were a handful of big name actors, even so I could not remember this movie coming out for the life of me. Edward Murrow was a very intriguing person, from this movie I got the sense that he was never content and always knew that he could improve the world and had at least one more battle to fight. I really got this impression when he was at his banquet dinner, and still made a profound and sharp speech which unsettled everyone in the audience, and made a statement that showed the dark direction television was bound for.
Other than that I thought the black and white style had a great effect, and some of the shots were pretty interesting. I would recommend this movie but only to people who might want to do some thinking while they watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment