Sunday, March 9, 2014

Breaking Bad Reviews


This is a review of the series finale of Breaking Bad by Maureen Ryan from the the Huffington Post. She wasn't a fan of the series finale and expected more out of it considering the amount of action we had seen in the previous seasons. The reason I find her critique interesting is because of her comparisons with previous episodes of the show and her descriptive language. In addition, she asks a lot of questions throughout her critique that made me question the story and whether I actually feel as much closure after the series finale as I thought I did originally.

This is another review about the finale, written by Alessandra Stanley from the New York Times. Just by the title I was interested in reading this review. It was especially helpful because it reminded me of so many details from the finale that I had forgotten since it aired. She discussed each part of the episode before she got to her main point, which is the one question that is still unanswered: why Walt turned his back on fame and fortune and became a high school chemistry teacher. This article got me thinking.


This review was written by Hank Stuever from the Washington Post. The main idea I took from this article is "What happened to us."As fans, watching the finale, our minds and hearts were racing as things slowed down, picked back up and the plot twisted and turned. Stueve also discusses what was missing from the episode, which is part of what left us feeling empty now that we can’t watch our favorite show anymore. I found this article interesting because it talked about the fans, so it is easy to relate to as I was reading it. It was interesting to be able to understand his emotions because as fans, we all felt similarly.

No comments:

Post a Comment