Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Reviews





As soon as I started to read this article from The New Yorker I was pleasantly surprised to see rave reviews from a well respected television critic about one of my favorite shows. I was hesitate to choose Its Always Sunny because of the genre of show that it is and did not think I would find many reviews that did more than just summarize each episode.

This article from The Guardian  was definitely more of a summarization BUT I really liked the type of language the author chose to use, especially in the last paragraph. The writer really matches her writing style with the sometimes dark humor of the show.

Pop Matters takes a very straight forward attitude toward writing the review which i LOVE. Although many people find a lot of the episodes of the show, if not all of them inappropriate those fans that are able to laugh along with the show create a very dedicated audience. I like the way this author directly mentions how politically incorrect the show is and chooses to embrace that.

No comments:

Post a Comment